I wanted to update everyone on our Doctors appointment last Friday. Let me first say what a HUGE answer to prayer it was that Maddie did so well getting the X-ray's done. I had been talking to her about it for about 5 days telling her that they were going to take pictures of her hands and then after we talked to the doctor then we would get to go see Shamu. She did amazing!! Not once did I have to ask her to sit still and she let them take all 8 x rays and for all of you that know Maddie that is huge! :o) Last year was not so good with me having to hold her down screaming so that was really a huge blessing for me. We talked to the Doctor that will be doing the surgery and we did decide to do both hands at one time. God has given us a peace about it and we do not want to have her go into surgery twice. They are going to operate on 5 of the fingers which will be 10 different surgeries. The operation will take 4 hours and she will be in a cast up to her elbow for at least 6 weeks, not looking forward to that!! I asked the doctor if he was going to try and debulk some of the tissue and he is going to try. He said he can not promise us anything but will see what he can do once he is in there. Please, Please keep Maddie in prayer for this. My prayer is that they can give her some mobility with her long and point fingers. I can she the challenges ahead for her and would love to help her over come as much of them as we can. The doctor said we can call to set up the appointment 2 months ahead of time so we have decided to wait until after the Holidays. He does morning surgeries on Wednesdays at 7:30 with a check in time of 5:30 so that will all be very interesting. I will keep everyone updated as I can.
Once again I am reminded of God's goodness and keep telling myself he has a WONDERFUL plan for this little girl that he has blessed us with and when God guides he will provide. I pray once again for God's will to be done because he knows best and to take me out of the picture because the flesh can only get in the way of his perfect plan.
I wanted to share some of the pictures that I took of our trip to Sea World after the appointment. She loves Shamu so much and I love seeing the joy in her face as she lights up watching him jump out of the water.
Getting ready for Shamu to come out with Grandma.



6 comments:
Thank you for the update. I am glad you have made a decision and that God has given you peace about it. That is so wonderful that the X-rays went smoothly!
Stephanie,
I am glad I found your link to this on FB! I will so be praying for you and Maddie! God has special plans for her and what a wonderful mother you are to realize this! I loved the family picture at Christmas! Your Grandma looks the same!!My Grandma just passed away Monday..I remember the fun times we had as kids...ok maybe Stacie and I had fun torturing you....but you have turned into a beautiful woman and mother!
With Prayer
Carol
I am so proud of Maddie! That is such an awesome answer to prayer. And we will keep praying too! She is a blessing to us all and your strength and faith in our Lord is a testimony to us all. We love you guys!
Hey Steph, thanks for the update. I'm so glad you have made a decision and that you feel peace about it. That is huge. That's awesome about the X-rays too. Miranda screamed through her broken arm X-rays and she only needed like three, so I could just imagine how difficult that could've been. We will continue to surround your family with prayer.
I am so glad that you sent me a message on FB. I just love your family and little Maddie! (I can't believe how big our little baby girls are!!!) We will look for more updates as the months pass and we will keep praying for you as the Lord prompts us. I am so proud of you for continually trusting that God knows what is best for your family.
In HIm!
Leanne
soo happy to hear it went well. I will continue to pray for peace and guidance throughout all of this :-)
Post a Comment