
I am very thankful for all the prayers. God is so good and shows us his love everyday. It was a long day as usual but we missed a lot of traffic so that was nice and my mom was able to come to help with Maddie so I could really get to talk and listen to the doctor which I am very thankful for! Dr Wallace wants us to come back in 6 months for more Xrays and then talk about surgery for this fall. I really was not prepared to have surgery so soon but he does not want to wait until she is in school and he would rather have her larger fingers be shorter rather then longer. I was also really not prepared when he told me that she would be in a cast for 6-8 weeks. How can a toddler deal with not having the use of both of her hands for that long?? I wanted to see if we can do one at a time but that brings its own risks. Two surgerys not just one and the tramatic affect that it would have on Maddie going back down there. As you can see there is a lot to decide and I have to continue to give it to the Lord because I can not make this decision on my own. God knows what is best and I have to just leave it up to him to guide us and the doctors. For some of you who do not know the surgery is to hopefully stop the growth of her fingers. I am hopeful that they can also do some "debulking" with the tissue but the Doctor did not seem to think he would be able to do much. Once again I will continue to pray and ask for others to pray for God's healing hand on Maddie and for wisdom and strength during this time in our lives and for God's will to be done and not mine!! As you can see we got to take Maddie to the Zoo to see some of the animals she loves so we got to end on a good note! :o)

Maddie and Grandma
3 comments:
We'll be praying for you. God is good and He has a perfect plan for Miss Maddie's life. She's such a sweetheart and Annabelle is blessded to have her as a friend.
Stephanie, We will continue to pray God will give you and the doctors the wisdom to do what is right for Maddie. She is such a beautiful blessing and I know you thank the Lord for her everyday. I have enjoyed watching her grow this past 2 1/2 years. I love the pictures of the zoo, It looks like her hair is growing so long. She is a beautiful girl! Let us know if you need anything! With love, The Isaac Family
Maddie is in our prayers many times daily. We will continue to pray for healing and peace. We love her and you. :) Caroline
Post a Comment