Thursday, March 10, 2011

OT update

Hi Friends and Family,
I wanted to share with everyone how good Maddie is doing since surgery. We started to see a pediatric hand therapist in San Diego on Jan 30Th and her name is Ms Jill. Maddie has really taken to her and she is very good to work with and understands children. We go every other week down to Rady's, it's a long drive for an hour visit but I have been real pleased with the progress Maddie is making. The first visit was just an introduction and a time for Ms Jill to take very in dept measurements on how much flexibility Maddie has with each finger and in each joint. The other visits have been learning fun ways to get Maddie to use her left two fingers again and she is doing wonderful. I have her playing Hi Ho Cheerio and she is now picking up the cherry with her two fingers, we are so please and she is too. I have pictures at the end, she was so proud of herself. I am still hopefully that we can get some other movement out her her right hand while we are seeing her for the next 3 months. God placed us down here for a reason so I will continue to trust in his plan for us.

Just a quick update and also some pictures of Valentines day too. I also included Maddie's new friends. My niece Brooke gave Maddie a few Tad Poles and it is amazing to watch them grow. One has already grown legs and the arms are starting to show too and it has only been 3 weeks.

I hope everyone is doing well and I continue to Thank everyone for all their prayers on Maddie and Don and I.









1 comment:

Heather Hekman said...

Very neat to see her pick up that cherry. And, wow, she is growing up. She is a very cute little girl.