Well looks like the date is getting her faster and faster, next Wednesday the 13th. As the date comes closer I get more worried, are we doing the right thing, will the surgery be a success, how will she deal (and us) without the use of both of her hands for 6-8 weeks, etc etc. Then I have to stop myself and just lay it down at HIS feet and let it rest with him, he has all the answers and comfort if I just sit and wait. It is hard, we are only human and only want the best for our children but so does God. Many have asked what can we do and my only request would be is Please just pray!!!!! Pray that Maddie does well in surgery and can come home early, pray that the doctors have eyes to see what they can do to stop the growth of her fingers and give her some flexibility in them, pray that we have peace and comfort during the surgery, pray that she is not in to much pain, pray that the cast only have to be on for 6 weeks instead of 8, pray that she is not to depressed without being able to use her hands at all, pray that we know what to do for her, pray that we can find the right hand therapist once the cast get off.Lot's of prayer request but that is all we can do. Pray and know that God hears us and will answer and be prepared for whatever his answers are and hope and wait for them to come. Todays verse of the day was what I needed to hear:
"I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray" Psalm 17:6 NLT
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers, we love you all!
Don, Stephanie and Maddie



6 comments:
Stephanie, I will be praying for all of you. That's a lot of thoughts going into this. My friend posted this today, "worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, it empties today of its strength".
Love, Heather
I meant to ask you about her surgery when I saw you. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys!
Stephanie, We will be lifting your entire family in prayer, also we will pray for the Doctor's to have steady hands and wisdom. I have enjoyed watching Maddies grow, I have also enjoyed seeing what a blessing she is to you. She is a VERY special little girl and the Lord has great plan for her life. Continue to give her back to her Heavenly father. With much love,
The Isaac Family
Stephanie, Praying for all of you as well as the doctors and nurses that will care for Maddie.
God be near, bring peace and comfort them.
Love, Julie
Stephanie--We will be praying for all of you. I'm sure this is harder to walk through than I can even imagine, but I'm confident that you'll be happy she had the surgery. The sooner it's done, the sooner it will be behind you. May God bless you all--Aimee
Thanks for the update. You and the family will be in my prayers. I know the feelings you are having, and I also know how hard it is to let go. God has it. Easy to say, harder to live. May He bring you comfort and peace and all the wisdom for the doctors. You will be on my heart and in my prayers.
Sheila
Post a Comment