Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our Family





Hi Family & Friends.


I have been meaning to get a family blog going for some time and could never find the time but with Caroline's help and notes I am going to try it! :o) Since Madeline has been born I usually send out an email to update everyone on what has been going on with her and prayer request and her latest doctor visits but now with this I can do much more and remember what I have told everyone and it will be also used to just up date everyone on the fun stuff that is going on in our lives's.


Madeline is just over 2 now and I can not believe how fast it has gone by. What an angle God has blessed us with. Each day Don and I are amazed at what a gift she is and how much joy and laughter she has brought to this house that we never knew was missing. As most everyone knows she was born with a very rare condition that we are still trying to have doctors agree what it is. We are currently being seen down at San Diego's Children's hospital by the vascular team. God made Maddie very special for a reason and I trust in him and seek him for guidance and wisdom. Maddie amazes Don and I with what she can do, every time I think she can not do something with her hands so shows me I am so wrong. We will be going back down to San Diego on Oct 30th to see the genetics and review once again her MRI's and xrays to see what her next step will be. Once again I ask for prayer that God will open the doors and that it will not be me pushing the doors open. As a mother I would do anything to heal my little girl but God has a different plan right now and I know that his plan is the best. I have to keep reminding myself that Madeline is a gift from the Lord and I am just blessed to get to be her mommy "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11. I know that God has a wonderful plan for Maddie and I put my faith in him to lead us and be beside us along this road.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have a blog, I am not very good calling or e-mailing but I always read your updates about Maddie.
When you get back from SD send me the all the info, (if you want) I can send it to my friend in Boston he works for Genzyme (see http://www.genzyme.com/corp/structure/corp_home.asp)
I hope everything goes well in SD.

Kisses
Laura

Denise Nordquist said...

Good job with your blog, Stephanie. I look forward to keeping up with you through this. The picture of you and Maddie is just darling.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!! You are up and running! We will continue to pray for Maddie especially on Thursday! We love you guys! Many Blessings! -Caroline

Anonymous said...

You guys are always on my mind and hope all goes well tomorrow. I love this blog too cool, love ya Steph you amaze me! XOXOXOXO to my little peanut Maddie!